Sunday 2 February 2014

The Sun Always Follows Rain … eventually

I was going to start my first post by telling you exactly why I’ve decided to start this blog. Well I’ll get onto that in a sec, but first I’m going to share with you what feels like madness at what I am hearing today. You see as I write this it’s only 3.15pm and already I’ve been told how a family member’s neighbour died suddenly yesterday, how a friend’s partner has been rushed into hospital this morning, and how another friend has lost her auntie only one month after losing her brother-in-law.

Of course I am saddened for all those I refer to, but though they might not realise it, and certainly might not want to hear it at the moment, is that for them all, the sun will shine again even though it may not feel like it at the moment. You see it always does – the Sun Always Follows the rain – sometimes sooner than others but it always does eventually.

How do I know this? Well I’ve certainly been hit with some major curves balls, as do we all at certain points throughout our lives. It’s just that some of us get hit by more than others. But it’s what we take from these curves balls that’s important, the lessons we learn, what we do as a result. As the weeks and months go by, I promise to share my experiences, and the lessons I’ve learnt along the way by writing openly and honestly. I will also share techniques I have used to keep me focused and sane. If by doing so I help or inspire just one person then it will be worth it. And on a selfish note, I love writing and if writing helps me feel better then that is a bonus.

So what exactly have been my ‘curve balls’.  As I’ve said there have been many, but as I refer to them – and write about them on this blog – let’s be clear I don’t do it for pity but some of them are what some would class as ‘taboo’ subjects.  Take for example my father’s suicide, my nan’s suffering in her final months, my chronic pain and how I became depressed during my illness – which I will write about in my next post. It’s only by people being honest and open that such subjects will become less ‘taboo’.

But I promise this won’t be a depressing blog. Twice over the last month I’ve been called an inspiration, as I reach out and help others.  I don’t see myself as this, I think quite simply the people who called me this are more so referring to the fact that I am open and honest and do my damndest to keep smiling.
In time those I referred to at the start of this blog will learn and grow from their experiences, and for those that have lost loved ones, will cherish the memories.

On a final note the weather here yesterday was awful, heavy rain, cold and dark. Today as I look out there is not a cloud in the blue sky. What a difference a day makes and how apt is the title of this blog. And if you wonder about the photo under ‘About me’, yes they are my feet. The photo was taken as I looked out to Lake Windermere last year for inspiration. It certainly worked!

Until next time

Emma x 
Ps follow me @Sunfollowrain
Email me

No comments:

Post a Comment